The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a beautiful obs 7.3 crew cab f350 dually. We just towed our 9000 lb camper from Alabama to west virginia. Today on the way back from mountain biking with our 2 kids my wife says "this thing is growing on me, can we get an excursion?" LOL. So question is. Im thinking two routes. Spending a good amount on a nice mint excursion OR getting a rough one for cheap, and dropping it off at qn extremely good diesel shop I know for a few months and having them restore it to mint for me. What are your thoughts? Also, why are these things so expensive? Lol.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Check out CABT in Guthrie oklahoma they can build you a 6.7 2011 body style excursion or any combo you like

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out CABT in Guthrie oklahoma they can build you a 6.7 2011 body style excursion or any combo you like
I have actually looked into that before, but their prices are.... high. For that amount I would probably wait for them to put the baby diesel in the new expedition. That would be perfect for us.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes Sir they are proud of them for sure and it takes a 11-16 truck and a excursion to make one complete newer body vehicle

On that note if you find a excursion grab on and hold tight it won't be much longer before there are hard to get

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did find a super nice Eddie bauer with 130000 miles on it. But its an 05, they haven't done any sort of bulletproof work to it. And they still want 20k

·
Registered
500 Posts
If the interior isn't ragged out snag it up
And personally I would want a truck that was clean and not deleted yet so I could do it myself or chose the stuff that goes in there

The 05 will already have a few of the issues fixed that the early 6.0 didn't

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went through this a few years back. Wife wanted a 7.3 Ex 4x4. Took over a year to find one that was rust free. I too at first looked at very low mile ones that were basically garage queens that never seen the light of day. all were very expensive, but very clean. I have an OSB 96 f250 my self that is a rock for sure. Took a few road trips out of state to find junk that was not worth the 10k they wanted. In the end after over a year we found one Utah at 12k that was very clean. had miles but had every receipt that the owner had put in it. It was well over 12k in upgrades. Its was on 35s maybe 4" lift. so many new parts all the ancillaries that can add up fast. It had 250k or so and runs great. We use it on long hauls every year for jeeping. The guy had just listed and the said the phone has not stopped ringing. I told him i would be there in the AM with cash. its about a 5 hour run to this area of Utah from AZ. Did not even try to low bid gave him full price and we drove it home. It was rust free too. paint was good, but starting to fade. Need a steering box, rebuilt front end we did ball joints and u joints bla bla. For towing the 3.73 was not great on 35s so i geared it to 4.30 it pulls now better then my 96. But it has a lot of after market upgrades, mine is stock with a chip tune of 50hp. She will never get ride of this no matter what the cost. Its a 2003 as well so its rather rare with a 7.3
20190621_063037.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts