The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local dealer has a truck I like. The sticker price is 49,935 and the x-plan price he gave me was 44,419. Is this number correct, it seems too high from what I have read. I am also in need of an x-plan pin number to give the dealer. Someone offered me one awhile ago but I was not ready. <font color="blue"> </font> Now I'm ready, can someone please get me a number? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
The dealer is required to show you the invoice if you have an X-Plan PIN. The invoice has several numbers on it, including invoice, X-Plan, and other Plan, prices. So don't worry about the dealerperson lying to you.

In addition to the X-Plan price, you will also get the current $2,500 rebate. So if your $44,419 price is before the rebate, then that reduces your net to $41,919. Plus TT&L, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The local dealer has a truck I like. The sticker price is 49,935 and the x-plan price he gave me was 44,419. Is this number correct, it seems too high from what I have read. I am also in need of an x-plan pin number to give the dealer. Someone offered me one awhile ago but I was not ready. <font color="blue"> </font> Now I'm ready, can someone please get me a number? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw the X-plan, you need to negotiate for under invoice, also less incentives. This is called getting into the dealer "holdback". Here's what you do: tell the salesman you will buy the truck for $1500 under invoice less the $2500 incentive(dealer keeps this). So, assume the invoice is around $43,000, less $4,000, then you should get the truck for around $39,000. Getting at least $10,000 off sticker is not unusual and I have done this many times when getting new rigs for me or my family, and you can too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All this info sounds good. Any deal I can negotiate that saves money makes a new truck more appealing. I still would like to have an x-plan pin number for a dealer that might not be willing to negotiate. I will be trading in so I could negotiate a price for the trade and use an x-plan for purchase. <font color="red"> </font> Can someone please get me a x-plan number. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts