The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hello all and thanks for the input Mark. I am getting the truck scanned today. Yesterday evening when i was home i tried to check connections and clean them if necessary. I did not see anything out of the ordinary but then again this my first OBS and i could have very well been face to face with an faulty sensor or bad connection. That's on me and my lack of knowledge.

Sure enough this morning the o/d light started flashing when i was warming it up in PARK. It proceeded to limp until i got to my daughters daycare 6 miles later and when i shut it down to drop her off, when i turned it back on, no light flashing for 10 minutes into the office. That's a great example as to how its been going. i will let y'all know what he codes are when its scanned.

On a side note, i notice that i need to move and adjust my column shifter to a particular angle to get the truck to start. Almost as if its not touching a connecter in the column or something. I don't know i just thought it was odd. I can get the truck to start but i have to move that shifter around now.

Thanks once again to you all for your guidence and thoughts. It means a lot because just like I'm sure many of you feel, i have been very excited about this truck and all i want is to get it to a place where i can daily drive it with some peace of mind. Having a forum to bounce ideas off of is definitely helping get that peace of mind. Now lets see what these damn codes have to say...

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
So do you have a Powerstoke or a IDI?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am new to all of this so i suppose i do not have a Powerstroke but it is a 94 so i guess I'm not sure where i should have started this discussion. It would be considered and IDI turbo

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
That's fine it looks like we got you pointed in the correct direction.

A IDI will have the air filter in the center of the engine where the Powerstroke will have it on the driver side near the battery, plus all the injectors and glow plugs on the PS are under the valve covers.

As Mark stated there were no automatics installed in the 94.5+ Powerstrokes, they were all 5 speeds. And as far as reading codes it is only OBD I.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's fine it looks like we got you pointed in the correct direction.

A IDI will have the air filter in the center of the engine where the Powerstroke will have it on the driver side near the battery, plus all the injectors and glow plugs on the PS are under the valve covers.

As Mark stated there were no automatics installed in the 94.5+ Powerstrokes, they were all 5 speeds. And as far as reading codes it is only OBD I.
Thanks a lot, yeah I am calling around and having a hard time finding a shop that reads OBD 1 at all. I am surprised by how many have said no. I am starting to strike out! Oh well, i really hope someone comes through and can read this thing. If yu live in Houston, please let me know if you have any recommendations for a good shop.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Look at the link in Marks post, it will tell you how to bull the codes.

·
Super Moderator
12,056 Posts
Thanks a lot, yeah I am calling around and having a hard time finding a shop that reads OBD 1 at all.
Read them yourself. I showed you how, above.

Reactions: Murph88

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok so I got codes 22 and 23 KOEO and 22 and 43 in the continuous memory section of the scan. I really hope I am doing the test correctly. I plan to check the fipl next and adjust or replace if needed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
When you post DTC numbers, post the COMPLETE definition for each one so we don't have to go look them up.

Why wouldn't you check the things indicated by the codes? The first step of diagnosing any code is to check if the indicated condition actually exists.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts