The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought an 03 7.3 f250 ran fine for the first two daya i owned it then it went to crap. Took it to ford and had them read the codes. I dont know which ones are important and whixh ones arent. Also dont knownif the truck is tuned or anything.
Font Tints and shades Screenshot Electric blue Personal computer

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Slope

·
Registered
672 Posts
With all of those codes, I'd start looking at the wiring harnesses. The Large 42-pin one that goes over the drivers side valve cover is prone to rub and short. Another place may be water intrusion into the PCM. I'm sure you will get more people chiming in soon.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Some or all of those codes maybe ancient.
First step is to get your own Powerstroke capable scanner such as Autoingenuity or Forscan so you can clear codes, run tests and get help on this site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys im gonna look into those things when i get off work also i forgot to mention that im blowing black smoke on acceleration and a puff of white smoke on start up

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Download FORScan

Forscan is free to download (see link above). You will need to buy the OBDlink (link to purchase is on webpage linked to above). Clear codes, start engine, see what new codes come up, post here so that experts can give you advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With all of those codes, I'd start looking at the wiring harnesses. The Large 42-pin one that goes over the drivers side valve cover is prone to rub and short. Another place may be water intrusion into the PCM. I'm sure you will get more people chiming in soon.
I checked the wireing harness and no tears, but i looked at the icp sensor and it seems there is oil in it could that be the cause of my problems

·
Registered
672 Posts
I checked the wireing harness and no tears, but i looked at the icp sensor and it seems there is oil in it could that be the cause of my problems
It's A problem. when you get a new ICP, make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer like a Ford dealer, DieselOrings, or RiffRaff. Lots of fakes out there. Also, get a new pig tail since that one is oil soaked.

Reactions: Oneof6
1 - 10 of 10 Posts