The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 2017 F350 6.7 Platinum CCLB. The DRL lights are not working correctly. I have a bright spot in a small portion of the driver headlamp. The rest of this DRL and the passenger DRL are dim. Is this repairable or do I need new headlight assemblies? I have seen some aftermarket DRL replacements that require opening the headlight, are these worth of ****?
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The DRL lamps are not serviceable requiring replacement of the assembly. I am of the opinion that attempting to disassemble and "repair" the lamp assemblies will damage them, but I do admit I do not know how involved of a process that will be. From a quick internet search, I see there are many aftermarket replacement assemblies that also offer the choice of some customization if that interests you - looks like that route will also prove to be much more cost effective as I am sure the OEM assemblies ARE NOT CHEAP.

·
Administrator
27,247 Posts
Yep, the headlight assemblies are not serviced separately. One headlight assembly with LED's is over $1000. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts