The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and was surprised I didn't get anything. Found a lot on the fuel filters though...
Did my first oil change today on my new-to-me F350. Was surprised at how hard it was to loosen the oil filter. When I spun the new one on I figured it out as it was very hard to turn right from the start. :frown2:
Whoever had this thing before must have just torqued the hell out of it or something.
I didn't really know what else to do so I tightened it down and filled it up anyway. Used the remote start so I could see what happened when it fired up and as I feared, it puked a qt. or so within 10 seconds of starting. Gonna tow it to my local guy in the am tomorrow.

It looks like the filter housing is a separate, bolt on piece. Is that correct?
Anyone experience this before? Gotta believe the quickie oil places, etc. have done this exact thing to a few vehicles in the past!:lol:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Never had a problem with the bolt, but did have problem with 1 of the filter. I change my oil and filter, and 1 filter started to thread up but then got tight when turning it by hand. Rather than force it, I simply pulled another extra filter and that one screwed on by hand all the way. Bad filter. Called biz where I got the filter, explained the issue and they sent me another filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts