The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the other day that when i was parked with the front of the truck up hill oil ran down off the back of the engine, but only with the front end up hill. any ideas?

·
Registered
818 Posts
is the vally dry? could be oil from the hpop? others will chim in on this one.

anthony

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sounds like its in the valley, you said it only happened when on a hill. Valley drains out the back of the engine on top of the transmission.

Look under the hood in the valley, see if theres any streams of oil and if there is try to locate its source.

anthony( another anthony!!!??? cool)

·
Registered
109 Posts
It could be residual fuel from filter changes in the valley running down the back of your motor and taking the old engine grime with it mimicking an oil leak. If it is a definite oil leak, you should eventually see it no matter what grade you park on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes there is definatly oil in the valley, but withought taking the cover off i can't tell exactly where it is comming from. could it be as simple as a loose line, or do i have bigger problems?

·
Registered
265 Posts
My truck leaked oil and leaked real bad when i was on a hill, come to find out the dust cover wore a hole in the oil pan, little jb weld and no more leak

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Take the engine cover off, its not hard, and find where its coming from. Take a rag or something and mop all the oil up then start it and check again. Also check the back of the heads at the main oil galley plugs. They are the two big silver colored plugs in the back of the heads. They can leak too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts