The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 econo line work van v6 power stroke motor it started leaking oil 4 days ago and now it won't start. Why i is this? I changed the oil filters and and it still won't run. Please I need potential problems ND need to know how to get it back on the road

·
Premium Member
15,423 Posts
A V6 PowerStroke in a 2004? I would have thought it would have been the 6.0-liter PowerStroke V8. Are you sure it's a V6?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'd start by checking the oil dipstick to see if it has any oil in it. Possibly all of the oil leaked out if it is leaking that badly.

If there is oil in it, then next I would go to the web site below and download the forscan. Also order the OBDlink. Those will enable you to scan for codes. Report any codes here on this forum so that the experts here will be able to advise you what to do next.

Download FORScan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do I do if the odb tool doesn't work cause I've bought one and plugged it in to do a scan and nothing. Even advance said it was a wirung issue and totrace it to find the bad connection. I don't know how nor do I have the time to do this. So my question remains the same as when we begun,?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The odb tool you bought doesn't work for the engine that you have. You need the one that I sent the link for.

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
You can also get FORScan Lite to work on a smartphone along with a ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter.

It will read the codes for you along with showing you a lot of the sensor readouts.

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
Is the scanner even powering up when plugged into the OBD port?

If not check the fuses for the powerport/cigarette lighter

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look I know I am a female and the average women doesn't know these kinds of things but I'm not average. So i ask politely sir address me as though you would a man because odds are I've tried or already don't it. So let's start over I've done it all what else you for other then plug it into a computer. If you know what your talking about then a rough guess would be better then what you've given me.

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
So far there hasn't been anything posted that we wouldn't post if it was a man, child or, woman asking the questions.

We need information on just what is happening and so far all we know is that you had a oil leak, and you can't get the scanner that you have to work.

These engines are ran by a computer and that computer has a dozen or more sensors that provide information to it to get the engine to run. Without the basic data from these sensors we are just taking shots in the dark trying to figure out what the problem is.

Reactions: Big Horn
1 - 12 of 12 Posts