The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
id use an engine hoist realy heavy duty one and lift off the engine lift tabs on intake this is how im going to do my motor mount

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
mine is an f series, so i'm not sure how much room u'd have in a van... but i unbolted my engine mounts, put a 2x4 from a floor jack to the harmonic balance and jacked her up. Just be very careful as u push up the jack... keep an eye on all your hoses and you fan.
You'll have to remove the air filter... that gave me plenty of room to jack it up and drop the oil pan.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 34px;"><pre> put a 2x4 from a floor jack to the harmonic balance and jacked her up. </pre></div></div>

Actually this is a NO NO you can bend the crank or damage the harmonic balancer mounting.

Anyone wishing the proceedure on the correct way can PM me an email addy and I will forward the information.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah, good point... prolly wasn't the most intelligent thing i've done, but i guess i got real lucky n it worked... is there any way to jack it up with a floor jack? or r u prity much limited to a engine lift?

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Email sent.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 34px;"><pre> put a 2x4 from a floor jack to the harmonic balance and jacked her up. </pre></div></div>

Actually this is a NO NO you can bend the crank or damage the harmonic balancer mounting.

Anyone wishing the proceedure on the correct way can PM me an email addy and I will forward the information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts