The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing an egr delete this weekend and with what I have been reading I shouldn't have to do an oil cooler replacement unless my temps are unreasonably high. What would be considered unreasonably high for these trucks?

·
Vendor
612 Posts
I will be doing an egr delete this weekend and with what I have been reading I shouldn't have to do an oil cooler replacement unless my temps are unreasonably high. What would be considered unreasonably high for these trucks?

Mileage? Temp deltas?

If there is a tan streak in the bottom of the upper radiator hose, it's mud falling out of suspension in the coolant. This sediment finds the low places, like the oil cooler. If the upper hose is nice and clean and your temp deltas are ok, then maybe you don't have to replace it. If there's mud in the hose, temps are high or there's a lot of miles on the original, I wouldn't hurt. You're gonna be right there. It's just a couple of extra bolts and out it comes.

BTW, how are you going to tune it after the fact? Once you get the EGR system off the truck, you'll need to tell the computer not to worry about it anymore.

If you don't have a solution, give us a call, we'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The deltas are thirty degrees, usually around 210 to 214, I will be replacing it now, as for the codes I have a scan gauge 2, I was going to leave the egr valve in and then just force clear the codes from the scangauge, I don't have a tuner yet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's not a good long term solution. Your check engine light will keep coming on. It'll set p0401 EGR insufficient flow detected. Get a tuner and a oil cooler. ECT and EOT deltas should never exceed 15 degrees under normal driving conditions

·
Vendor
612 Posts
That's not a good long term solution. Your check engine light will keep coming on. It'll set p0401 EGR insufficient flow detected. Get a tuner and a oil cooler. ECT and EOT deltas should never exceed 15 degrees under normal driving conditions

Or...or, or...

...put the right tuning in with our SCT programmers and custom tuning. Proper tuning, proper engine management, best shifts possible.

This is part of our 6.0L Tune Up.

Give us a call. We'll tell you all about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts