The Diesel Stop banner

***** on Ford-Diesel.com

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Super Duty John 
#1 ·
I have a site suggestion that I think other members will appreciate as well.

I'm so sick of seeing D***e, F**d, and C***y being post on this site. It's annoying. I think there should be some type of rule against it. It isn't necessary, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it annoying and childish.

What does everyone else think?

------------------
'84 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4x4. 305 V8. 700R4
'00 Aerolite 25' Travel Trailer with Slideout.

#3 ·
I agree. It appears some members show their disrespect for another brand by refusing to spell the name out. I've also observed the same wherein some purposely mis-spell a person's name (e.g., "Klinton").

Ironically, street gangs have done this for years as a sign of disrespect for their enemies.

It's a juvenile, but effective, way for the writer to communicate that s/he does not accept the legitimate existence of the other person or thing.

G
#6 ·
Lets not over do it people, most of us just do that in fun and don't mean any insults by it. I think if people can;t handle that little bit of kidding they ought to go somewere else.
John

------------------
OO' F350 4X4, CC, DRW, XLT, PSD, Auto, 4.10 Capt, chairs, Premium stereo,privicy glass, slideing rear window,
dual alt. Power TT mirrors, trailer tow package, off road package
class IV hitch,Stockland shell and carpet kit,smoked tail light covers. Harvest Gold

#8 ·
I do it for fun!I don't take anybodys opinions to much to heart when it comes to brands!There all doin a job!sum better for others!Than others ,But I won't do it if it's not acompanied with an
or
just to put every one at ease!I have my brand likes Jack is driving it!But If it bothers people I won't post like that!Not that I do that much anyway!

#9 ·
I just always assumed that the web-site always treated these words (dodge and chevy) like it treated other 4 letter words. i think it is pretty funny, and a childish person will take it solely as an insult, and not as the toung in cheek jesture it was meant to be.
God, we need to lighten up around here!

#10 ·
Here's something really funny!
I thought that you couldn't spell DODGE or CHEVY on the site because of some "trademark" thing like the hats. Boy - I guess I was wrong.
I will need some practice on spelling those words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.