The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to know a little about upgrades for my auto transmission on a 2000 f350...i have a edge evolution programmer on it and when it shifts it will almost send you through the windshield...harsh shifts! I was wanting to know if i added a torque converter and a trans command module if it would help with problem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no idea thats why i am asking would the torque converter help the problem

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
Which Edge tune are you running?

I had an Edge Evolution I and I usually ran it in towing tune. Nothing wrong with the tranny shifting with that tune. But it sounds like you're trying to run in the hottest Edge tune, which should have firm shifts.

Any Evo tune higher than towing produced black smoke for me. And black smoke means unburned diesel, which is a big no no. So I didn't use any of the Edge performance tunes. But same criticism of my current DP-Tuner tunes flashed into my Evo I. I usually run in 60-tow or 80-economy, and no problem with black smoke. But 100 or more horses results in black smoke so I don't use more than 80 economy. Therefore I don't know how it shifts in the go-fast tunes. With 60-tow or 80-economy it shifts just fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ok i love the smoke haha but i do not care for the shifts i may go to another programmer that can tune the transmission..i am installing a banks torque converter tomorrow hoping it might help as well:ford:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Don't use programers or esp a trans command..get custom tunes on a chip and without any additional pressure added. never use tunes or any elect device to control the VB pressures..get a BTS or JW VB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts