Model yr: 10 Body/Series W4D Order Number 5190__
First Two VIN: __ Last Eight VIN: A_______

Serial # E T Paint AP Ord Dlr
Bod Order Ord 1st Last n r and cn CD/ Sch. Stat ETA
* Ser Number Typ Two Eight g n Trim ct PEP Date Date - Status - WK*
- --- ------ --- -- -------- - - -- -- -- ---- ----- ----- ----------- ------

W4D 5190 RET A R B Z1 SC G3 678A 11/24 UNSCH/CLEAN

Spec S Delay/Trace Information
Rec. A Ship O Ord. r R Page Ranking Open Chg.
Date C Dealer A Numb. c f AL Date Ind. Reason
----- - ------ - ---- - - -- ----- - ----------------------------------

11/24 Y E 10 ***** NO OPEN TRACE

F1=Help F3=Exit F10=PrevOrd F11=NextOrd F12=Return
I0001 - SUCCESSFUL INQUIRY QC06947

Rumor has it that 2010 Super Duty Final orders due 12/4 (Week 48). Am I being too overly optimistic for this order to go to production between now and 4 Dec?

Thanks,
Terry

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
Cochise passed me the following which is nothing more then an Order Number:
No, it's a lot more than an order number. Lots of codes tell you want it is:

Model yr: 10 = 2010 model year
Body/Series W4D = F-450 pickup
Order Number 5190 = there's your order number
Dealer: F52029 = You need both the dealer code and the order number to inquire about your order with someone other than Cochise.
First Two VIN: __ Last Eight VIN: A_______ = Your F-450 hasn't been scheduled for production yet, so there's no VIN yet

PEP 678A = Lariat trim

Status 11/24 UNSCH/CLEAN = Unscheduled clean, which means Ford has received your order and put it in the hopper. But until the status changes to scheduled for production, there's a chance they won't build it as a 2010 model.

Normally Thursday night is when it would move from unscheduled clean to scheduled for production. I don't know what Turkey Day does to that "normal" work schedule at the Ford Vehicle Operations Production Center (VOPC). But I suspect by the weekend Cochise will let you know that your truck has been scheduled for production. :)

SUCCESSFUL INQUIRY QC06947 = Cochise was just processing an inquiry about you order number to get the above report. And the VOPC answered the inquiry.

Rumor has it that 2010 Super Duty Final orders due 12/4 (Week 48). Am I being too overly optimistic for this order to go to production between now and 4 Dec?
Yeah, it normally takes about two to three weeks from the time your order is picked up from the hopper until it starts down the assembly line. So the next Monday two weeks from now is 14 Dec. I suspect your next status report from Cochise will say it's scheduled for production the "week of" December 14th, which means sometime between 14 and 20 Dec.
But Cochise has a big hammer to pound on VPOC, so maybe it will be the week of 7 Dec.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
October 14 - December 5 = more than 7 weeks but less than 8. So your dealerperson was right = 6 to 8 weeks. :wink2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i know..... i apologize for the bad thoughts that i had when i thought it was going to be later. now i can get my truck and then go on vacation!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
so as a quick update, the latest is that it might be here sometime this week.

and now i am leaving for vacation for a couple of weeks before i get my truck.

will the dealer have a problem with waiting a couple of weeks before i come in to pick it up? i did put a deposit on the truck so holding it shouldn't be a problem right?

EDIT:
it is being sent by convoy to the dealer so no box car info to see where it is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i finally picked it up before i went on vacation last week and i have to say it is an awesome truck!

some issues though when i signed the paperwork for it though (and some additional research).

the dealer i bought from declined to sell the ford esp (they sold one through wachovia) and the maintenance plan.

i checked with some other ford dealers in different areas and they did the same thing. are dealers in general shying away from the ford backed plans? does this indicate a problem with the ford backed plans? i wanted to purchase them, but i was unable to at the time of purchase so i am still shopping around for these 2 items.

i am now wondering if it will be hard to find a dealer that accepts it even if purchased directly from ford.

any opinions or insight into this?

i will post pics of the new ride once the weather is better and i can find a spot that isn't snow covered.

·
Registered
314 Posts
some issues though when i signed the paperwork for it though (and some additional research).

the dealer i bought from declined to sell the ford esp (they sold one through wachovia) and the maintenance plan.

i checked with some other ford dealers in different areas and they did the same thing. are dealers in general shying away from the ford backed plans? does this indicate a problem with the ford backed plans? i wanted to purchase them, but i was unable to at the time of purchase so i am still shopping around for these 2 items.
Try checking with these guys. Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanks for the link i will check them out.

but it seems some dealers outside the nj/pa/va area will sell them still. the problem seems to me that will all ford dealers honor a ford backed esp and maintenance plan? so far i am seeing that it will be a problem even though the literature i have read says otherwise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
i was able to pick it up 2 week ago before i went on vacation. here are a few pics and my short 2k mile take on this truck.

this truck is awesome so far (review done......lol).

actually aside from having to be more cognizant of where i fuel up and where i park, it rides like a dream. mileage is on par if not better than my 07 yukon both towing and empty. the tech is awesome (i love sync and the rear view camera).

my only gripe so far is that it will be going into the dealer in the morning as it died out on me while pulling out of a parking lot (thankfully no traffic).

EDIT: just to add, in the 2k miles so far, i have seen 5 regens. the cleaning exhaust filter message comes on, then goes away after a few seconds.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts