The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumping over from an 02 Excursion with V10. Ordered my first diesel since my 97 F-350. Pulled the trigger and ordered a 2018 F-350 4x4 CC LWB 6.7. XLT Magnetic Color. Now let the waiting begin :(.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wow, what a difference that will be for you! Welcome to the turbo-charged diesel addiction! The wait will be worth it! My '17 was the first vehicle I've ever ordered and it was so nice not to have to sacrifice on something. I hope I can keep her around for a LONG time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually worded my post wrong. The 97 was my only other diesel I will have ever owned. This is the first vehicle I have ever ordered. Truly great knowing I am getting everything I wanted in the truck and nothing that I didn't. I'm over doubling the torque from my V10 so I absolutely can't wait to hook my 37' 10,700# travel trailer to it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
So you were pulling the trailer with the Excursion? Even if you were using the '97, it will be a night/day difference!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was pulling our travel trailer with it. The Ex has 4.56 gears, a 5-star tune with intake and exhaust, rear sway bar etc.. Pretty much all the upgrades I could do for towing to it. I could run 70 mph in OD all day long with it...well unless I hit a big hill that is :(. It's been a great truck, but at 173,000 miles, it's showing it's age and with several 1,000+ mile trips planned it's time for something new and seriously upgraded :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I can't say as I have a direct comparison to the V10, but I had a buddy who owned one in an F250. And we'd pull our offroad rigs to trails around TX. He, pulling a substantially heavier load with a long gooseneck trailer (probably around 10k) and I was pulling around 7k with my slightly modded 7.3L. Anyway, in the hill country, I had to give him a mile gap ahead because I'd always catch him on the uphills otherwise. I think we did that for two years, then he bought himself a cummins. The V10s are good engines, but a diesel is really the right tool for the towing job. Your truck will arrive before you know it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts