The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've researched the EGR stuff pretty heavily, got the no limit with the passthrough plate, seems to be the best solution. Got a downpipe-back 4" exhaust and Minimaxx race tuner. My truck is a 2011, I know those tuners have been discontinued, but people seem to be pretty happy with them so I figured I would give it a go.

I've seen some stuff about lockout codes, will I need to buy one of those for the Minimaxx to work?

Also, I'm not all that familiar with the DPF stuff. If I just remove the factory exhaust and hook this new straight piped one up, is there anything else I have to do/remove? I assume all of the DPF stuff is contained within the factory exhaust...or is that a bad assumption?

Thanks for the help... :). Been lurking here for a while, learning lots of stuff.

Kyle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if I run the minimaxx in the performance mode (not extreme or whatever) is it necessary to have a pryometer? If I get one, at what temp should I set the defueling stuff to? Also, does the tuner have to be connected all the time in order to keep the tune or can it be removed and still have the truck run right? I ask because I have to go back to the dealer to have a new evaporator core installed and it'd be nice if I could just pull the tuner off before I took it in and not have any issues. If not I might wait to install everything until I get that fixed.

I also have a K&N filter/intake already installed. I see all these other fancy intakes on the market, is there any advantage with those over the K&N? If so, would it be noticeable?

I should have all my stuff here in the next week or so, excited to get it all hooked up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
just get your dealership installs done first. way less hassle IMO.

check out youtube theres a great video of a DPF system removed showing all things that you need to disconnect on exhaust side before removing factory junk and installing your new exhaust.
i went with a CAI from no limit, flows way better, and also a bit more turbo whistle (if you're into that kinda thing)
sorry can't help you with the minimaxx part, i ran the XRT PRO on my cummins and i'm running SCTx4 on my PSD.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just get your dealership installs done first. way less hassle IMO.

check out youtube theres a great video of a DPF system removed showing all things that you need to disconnect on exhaust side before removing factory junk and installing your new exhaust.
i went with a CAI from no limit, flows way better, and also a bit more turbo whistle (if you're into that kinda thing)
sorry can't help you with the minimaxx part, i ran the XRT PRO on my cummins and i'm running SCTx4 on my PSD.
Thanks! Got a link to the youtube video? Been looking but not finding much 2011+ specific.

Kyle

·
Registered
61 Posts

there ya go bud..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would be careful on what tuning you are putting to this thing. Espicially if you are towing. Some of the tunes advance the timing so much that it will find the weak point in the motor if your running it hard

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be careful on what tuning you are putting to this thing. Espicially if you are towing. Some of the tunes advance the timing so much that it will find the weak point in the motor if your running it hard
I believe the tuner has a tow mode, I will probably run that when towing.

Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts