The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Everyone
I’m new here and in the process of buying/ordering a new F250 Lariat Crew Cab. It will primarily be used for towing our 30 ft., 8K lbs 5th whl. The 8 K figure is scale weight as it rolls down the road. Occasionally I have to do this alone which I find challenging, particularly the backing up. I am seeking the best possible combination of features to tow with. I am trying to contain costs (what a joke at Ford) as the base price explodes as you add towing features. My current ideas include:

Tow Technology Bundle
Blind Spot Information System
Adaptive Steering
Adaptive Cruise Control
5th Wheel Package
Rear CHMSL Camera
Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System
Customer Placed Camera System
Lariat Ultimate Package
Spray in bed Liner (order or Aftermarket?)
Power running Boards (my wife is short)

Chrome package???
Suggestions and Comments are Welcomed
Regards and Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bill - sounds like you have built a nice truck. Diesel? I know you are trying to contain costs and it would take many, many miles to counter the $10k diesel option, but there is far less stress on you knowing you have the right tool for the job. 8k isn't taxing on a gasser, just at the pumps.

Do the aftermarket bedliner. Far better than Fords. Very happy with my Line-X

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Everyone

We dropped the bed liner (we'll do aftermarket) and the Chrome package and upped the size to a F350. The MSRP increased by $800 in the 2019's. Also, the silver gold color was deleted so we had to go with the silver. Were also planning on a Transfer flow fuel tank that we will add. The stock 34 gallon tank is too small when towing. Were planning on about 11 mpg. the final order looks like this:

The Lariat Crew Cab Diesel
Tow Technology Bundle
Blind Spot Information System
Adaptive Steering
Adaptive Cruise Control
5th Wheel Package
Rear CHMSL Camera
Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System
Customer Placed Camera System
Lariat Ultimate Package
Retractable Running Boards
Upfitter Switches
3.55 Electronic Locking Axle

The upgrade from a F250 to a F350 for insurance will cost an extra $120 per year. In Texas, were hopping that the increased size won't result in any increased registration costs.

Our dealer estimates a 10 to 12 week delivery. Its going to be a long wait.
Regards
Bill

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
My truck is done and en route!!!! Should be here in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Picking up 2019 tomorrow!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice rig Lincster!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I saw a new lariat sport 2019 I liked it so I ordered one from my sales guy Scott Pratt he moved to a bigger dealership in Brighton Mi . I liked the new wheels and the smoked out headlights and tail lights looked like a Harley truck.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts