The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
I ordered my truck on 09/13 09
My truck was on Bobby Williams ( Sunrise) lot two days ago..10/15/09

From what has been posted as you most likely have seen, it would be incouraging to get that order in and a VIN assigned as the days are closing fast on the 2010. I have been told that it is a crazy short window as the 11's are soon to begin production....like Feb 2011:deal:

· Premium Member
18,824 Posts
Most dealers will tell you 6 to 8 weeks. If you order on Wednesday and the dealer processes the order into the system immediately, and if there are no problems with your order,then you can expect 5 to 6 weeks. It's extremely rare for a dealer, even Bobby Williams, to order and receiver the new vehicle in a month or so.

But your chances of fast delivery are much better if you use a smart and experienced dealerperson such as Bobby Williams. If you don't already have a dealerperson that gives you a great price as well as great customer service, then I suggest you order your new truck from Bobby. He can have Ford deliver the new truck to a dealer near you for a "courtesy delivery" to you, so don't worry about where his brick and mortor store is located.
Sunrise Ford Fleet - Your Super Duty Truck Headquarters - Fontana, CA

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just want to say thanks to the both of you for the info... it help a lot. i ordered one from a dealer here in michigan and they have been telling me 5 weeks, and i just want to make sure that they were telling me the truth. its been ordered now for 2 weeks and all the dealer tells me is that ford has a "order confirmation" in the system. i own a snow plowing service and i just need the truck before it snows around here... thanks again for you help..

· Registered
3,728 Posts
Mine took 6 weeks from when I ordered it. It was shipped via rail to Salt Lake City and it took another 5 days for a truck to take it to Morgan, Utah, about 40 miles away. I wasn't a happy person waiting for the truck to bring it to my dealer, but once it arrived, I was very pleased and still am.

· Vendor
1,732 Posts
i just want to say thanks to the both of you for the info... it help a lot. i ordered one from a dealer here in michigan and they have been telling me 5 weeks, and i just want to make sure that they were telling me the truth. its been ordered now for 2 weeks and all the dealer tells me is that ford has a "order confirmation" in the system. i own a snow plowing service and i just need the truck before it snows around here... thanks again for you help..
The average order to delivery is about 7-8 weeks, but the last few orders I have placed I have been able to get them within 5 weeks. The time frame will vary by dealer, drastically! A dealer MUST have the allocation available. If you have placed the order 2 weeks ago the dealer should at least have the VIN by now.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got a call from my dealer and he told me that i have a estimate delivery date of 11-9, but the truck isnt in "pull part" mode yet.. how true are these date given from ford... thanks again..

· Premium Member
18,824 Posts
... how true are these date given from ford...
The estimates are usually pretty good as long as you don't run into an unexpected event - such as a flood or a train wreck or a strike by a labor union - or your new truck falling off a car hauler truck. :(

But realize those date estimates are for the "week of" a Monday. So your November 9th date means during the week of 9 thru 15 November. The delivery hauler usually shows up within that week, but is sometimes early.

· Registered
33 Posts
2010 F450 Production Ended???

This past Monday I requested pricing from local dealership to build a 2010 F450 with the options I wanted. Received email from sales today indicating that he'd be glad to email as attachment. I wrote back and said I'd stop by to take a look at quote. When I arrived at dealer and asked to review quote, I was handed quote and then was informed Ford is no longer accepting orders for F450s due to end of 2010 production. Asked if I wanted to order a 2011. Not at this time. So I guess that answers the "when" is 2010 F450 production ending.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts