The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ordering a new truck next week and with the current chip issue, how long will the wait be?

·
Registered
628 Posts
My dealer told me just the other day they don't expect to see any new trucks till December. They should start making 22's August / September

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Fleet dealer I use has said that they are not discounting like they use to until further notice, I guess I need to find another fleet dealer

·
Registered
628 Posts
Trucks are in serious short supply. No one is going to deal especially when used prices are this high. used prices are stupid high. I saw a 19 F350 nicely loaded lariat for 98,000 I couldn't tell how many miles but wow.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck was ordered wednesday

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Minimum 16 weeks might be December

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crew cab long box
4x4
STX
sync 3
camper package
PWR equip. group
Perf equip PKG
FX4 off road PK
skid plates
11900 GVWR PKG
Brake controller
110V 400W outlet
Roof clear LGTS
Upfitter switches
remote start
Rear CHMSL Cam

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's going to be a nice truck.
I see you didn't get the 6.7 with all the towing package stuff.
may I ask why.? I do think you are going to love your new truck.
I hope the wait isn't to long. I have orderd 2 cars and the wait was the hardest part next to the finance guy.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't want to spend $11K for the diesel and have the potential CP4 issues. Couple of guys at work have had CP4 issues and ford passed the buck. Plus the added maintenance cost and filters and DPF

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
What is your planned use of the truck?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It will be my back up truck. I will use it for towing and pleasure use, at some point it might be the replacement for my 2002. I said the same thing when I bought my 2015, but that didn't happen

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ordered a 2022 F350 Platinum in April and got my VIN last week and a July 19th build date. Lots of 2022s are getting scheduled for production now. It sounds like retail orders will get priority over dealer stock.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Maybe Ford and the dealers are trying to figure out how to get rid of the 21's. I hear they have thousands waiting for chips still.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I COULD wait on a '22, but we found a "21 we liked, F 350 platinum, but dealer will not come off 1cent and they not giving much on our trade, 2013 F350 in very good shape,. only want to give us $23,000 and I know this truck has a blue book price of $27000 trade in value.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yeah, it's a sellers market now due to low inventory...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My 2015 was 6 years old and had 43K miles on it, sold it for $3K less than what I gave for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts