The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, when pulling the door handle to open the door, I noticed the bottom portion of my door handle feels as if it's not attached, inside...to however it attaches!
So, when you pull the handle, the bottom pulls out about 3/4" if I go to open the door, so I've been holding it in, while pulling on the top of the handle, which then opens the door!

Anyone know how these outer handles are attached at the bottom of the handle? It not an easy place to try to look 'in' to, to see if it just pushes into a slot or something....although I did try to push it with no change.
Not sure if the outer handle now has to be changed, or if it's repairable? Better to have Ford look at it, or a body shop?
My truck is white (as is the handle) although I'm doubtful the handles come in anything other than black or chrome?

Trying to get a handle (no pun intended) on the best method of getting this back to work as it should? Odd how these things happen just before a trip is planned...so I may have to just be careful for a bit, before I can get it in for repair.

Any advice/tips, suggestions would be welcomed on this one!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Are there any marks on the door under the handle? Maybe someone tried to get in?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any marks on the door under the handle? Maybe someone tried to get in?
No, none at all. There looks to be a 'pin' that the bottom part of the outer door handle pivots on, and that pin looks to have broken.
No idea if it's repairable, or if the handle has to be replaced? By what I can tell, the handles only come in black and chrome, so mine will need to be painted, as mine are white.
Will drop by a body shop, and see what the cost of replacement/repair is soon.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like bad luck...and to get one painted, if you aren't into white, might be cheaper to replace all 4 with black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts