The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 with a fuel line leak. I think the line was damaged when the front drive shaft broke. The dealership Riverside Ford in Tulsa said I needed to buy the whole fuel line assembly for $640 installed. The line is from the filter about 3 feet long. It has the blue clip connector. Is there an alternative solution?

·
Super Moderator
25,354 Posts
You could order the part yourself from Autonation Ford White Bear Lake (assuming you can determine the correct one), and install it yourself, or possibly cut out the damaged portion and replace it with fuel rated hose (assuming that it's a low pressure line). I can't tell which fuel line assembly it is from their catalog, but the cheapest one listed goes for a bit over $170 (list price $260 and change).

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The reason why the fuel lines are that expensive is because they come as a bundled assembly. As mentioned the fuel line could be properly repaired if you can source the correct parts. The fuel pressure between the lift pump and the engine is around 65 PSI or a minimum of 55 PSI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you offer some pointers on removing the blue fuel line clips? I found the part on AN White Bear Lake and am going to attempt the repair myself and save around $340. I appreciate this website and your help.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Sorry for the delay... If you are replacing the assembly of the two lines it is a PITA even with a lift. You would benefit greatly from removing the front driveshaft. The lines are secured to a bracket that is bolted to the top of the transmission using the top left mounting bolts. I can't remember if they snap into clips or if unbolting the bracket is necessary but keeping them properly retained is important. I remember removing the transmission crossmember and dropping the rear of the transmission down to gain extra room to work with.

As for the clip on the fitting, always begin by pushing the line into the hose or fitting, if under the vehicle tap it lightly and blow it off with compressed air to remove any dirt that may be in the connector. Dirt makes all of these connectors difficult to release.

1- Pull the secondary latch to the outward position.
2- Press and keep down the primary latch.
3- Pull the line from the fitting.

latch 1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Using the Ford connectors, after cutting off the leaking plastic fuel line, I had a new fuel line made at Cherokee Hose here in Tulsa. It was so simple, they made it for free. The fuel line assembly would have cost $281 plus $33 shipping online or $350 from local dealer. The lines isn’t leaking and seems to be working like new. This website is really appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts