The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The link you give leads to nothing hoping you might have a new link you can share.
thanks mike

I would suggest soldering the chips rather than just pressing them back in place. Otherwise, just search of "overhead console repair" or something similar to that. It is a fairly common problem, so there are quite a few how-to fixes.

Reactions: Biomettom

·
Registered
28 Posts
excellent video. top notch. Top Notch!

I'm the second owner of my truck and from Day One the damn overhead console display has never worked and I was too damn cheap to get it fixed cuz I reckoned some dealership or repair garage would ding me for several hundred bucks.

This video's step by step instructions and advice makes it easy enough for even a knucklehead like me to attempt the repair! THANK YOU!

Catch

·
Registered
28 Posts
unfuxated

My overhead console is working! Only 15 mins at lunchtime out in the parking lot and bingo, Jed's a millionaire.

The only question I have is about the fuel mpg feature. It has a constant of 14.3 mpg. It doesn't vary no matter how hard or easygoing I drive it. Is the readout an average of the fuel burned vs the mileage driven or is it an ongoing readout based on that moment's driving? :nerd:

Thanks again!

Catch

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dangit. The damn thing went dark on me again....

Reckon I'll have to fix it again and maybe use snot or something to make sure the dang chips stay seated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Soldering circuit boards usually doesn't turn out well for me. Instead of soldering the chips back in, I took some Elmers glue, smeared a little on the chip and stuck em in. That was over a year ago and still works.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I opened mine up and one of the "chips" was MISSING!!!

ended up going to a UPULLANDPAY junk yard (on half price day at that...) found an excursion that had overhead computer - of course it does not fit- why would it be that easy.

I did however pull/melt out the chip i needed and soldiered in place on my unit, put back together, crossed fingers and turn the key forward and WHAAAA-LAAA. . . It works cost me a grand total of 2.50 !!!

thanks to all for the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts