The Diesel Stop banner

Overhead Counsel

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
How do i go about installing one of these on my 02 f-350?

#6 ·
I'm interested in getting one of these in my 2003. For some reason, even though I got a Lariat, I got the Ovrhd console option removed. I saw some OEM converter kits on eBay... but I just wanted to know how difficult it is to do this and whether it's worth it?

Big reasons is the temperature display, compass and if possible the MPG. Is it even possible to get the miles per gallon? Would have to do some wiring I assume. You'd think the wiring would have already been wired up there coming down from the plant.

#7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in getting one of these in my 2003. For some reason, even though I got a Lariat, I got the Ovrhd console option removed. I saw some OEM converter kits on eBay... but I just wanted to know how difficult it is to do this and whether it's worth it?

Big reasons is the temperature display, compass and if possible the MPG. Is it even possible to get the miles per gallon? Would have to do some wiring I assume. You'd think the wiring would have already been wired up there coming down from the plant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be happy just to have more storage.

#8 ·
I just installed one in my 2008 XLT. I bought the console and bracket from powerstrokeshop.com I made a template of the console with a piece of carboard. Put some blue masking tape on the headliner and used the template to mark the location on the blue tape. On my truck the console is centered from right to left and the front edge is about 3.25" from the windshield. I made some small holes in the area I new would be covered and just kept making them bigger until I reached the marks from my template. You need to drop the headliner to install the bracket. I removed the front pillar covers, sunvisors, door weatherstrippings and rear grab handles. This let the liner down enough to get the bracket in place. The bracket snaps in to four slots in the roof. I pushed the liner up to the bracket and did some final trimming on the liner. Then I installed the console and reinstalled all of the other pieces. Looks like it came that way from the factory. Measure 2-3 times before you start cutting. Good Luck.... I do not know what years this applies to, but it worked in my 2008.

Later-

#9 ·
You'll have to elect or appoint the counsel first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

Sorry, it was there and I just had too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

#10 ·
Familyride beat me to it. Hey, has anyone figured out weather its "quite" or "quiet?" I think that the "quite vs. quiet" argument predates tomatoes, potatoes, or even the chicken or the egg. Not flaming, just having a little fun. I feel the "Gated Community" nature of this site is about to rain down upon me.

#11 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Familyride beat me to it. Hey, has anyone figured out weather its "quite" or "quiet?" I think that the "quite vs. quiet" argument predates tomatoes, potatoes, or even the chicken or the egg. Not flaming, just having a little fun. I feel the "Gated Community" nature of this site is about to rain down upon me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, but it is quite quiet in here this morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

#14 ·
did yours come with a sensor?
mine just has one big plug...I assumed it some how read an engine sensor for an intake or other such thing but maybe the sensor is off some wire that runs somewhere under the head liner.....

also from the imprint on the headliner mycut out appears to be about 1/4 smaller then the console..maybe 3/8...though my 99 console is different then most of the newer ones.( the ones with garage door opener/ sunglass holders.)

#17 ·
it goes right below where everyone cuts the whole for the zoo-dad mod.

#18 ·
The temp sensor goes behind the front grill drivers side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.