The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Was a member a long time ago but lost passwords/login bla bla, starting all over again!
We bought a new (used) 2019 F250 stock, pulled our toyhauler this past weekend and the engine temp got up to 221 degrees and the transmission went up to 235 degrees, I am not sure if either of those are anything to worry about, i tried to search on this site and other but could get any good info. there were 2 hills that were pretty steep but the truck pulled great no issues with that. Please let us know if this is anything to monitor.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
was that oil temp or coolant temp?

The primary and secondary systems both have two thermostats, lol so we technically have 4 thermostats. The primary cooling system is the only one you can see unless you hook into Forscan. So lets assume your monitoring the primary coolant temp (ECT #1). the first stat opens at 194F and the second (bigger one) opens at 201F. So 221F is probably nothing to worry about because you were working the truck hard. Was this under full load up a hill? idling? down hill with tail wind?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh not sure on the oil or coolant, was monitoring the engine temp on the dashboard probably the coolant temp, and was looking at transmission temp on the selections. The truck was under full load up hill, about 10K pounds. the temp seemed to go down while going down hill. What are your thoughts on the tranny temp?
Thank you,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tranny temp is nothing to worry about. Coolant temp is getting warm but not alarming. Just do 80 uphill instead of 90

·
Registered
71 Posts
just got back from a 600 mile trip with my 1 ton. I had a sportsman in back along with other stuff. About 1,000 lbs in the bed. Air temp was 88F, had the AC on and made some good pulls up grade in the UP of michigan. ECT #1 stayed solid at 195-197F, tranny bumped to 201-203 along with oil temp.

I'm assuming if I had a big load, say 10-12k behind me. Those numbers would have crept up like you saw.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I dont see much of a problem with those temps. However High heat is the reason I only use Motorcraft full synthetic oil in my truck. There are 2 temps in the inmfomation center. One is oil and the other is transmission. The water gauge is above the info center. The termps drop surprisingly fast when going down hill. The truck will go into limp mode if it gets to hot. Enjoy the truck and don't worry to much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts