The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this code, Exhaust backpressure sensor low input. I bought a eliminator for this sensor so I thought it might be the connector since it wasnt in the best shape, so I bought a new connector and spliced it in from the dealership. I still am getting this code, I bought the eliminator from defuser, Do these not work? My old sensor was plugged up. Do I spend hundreds for a new sensor and line and it will fix the problem or? I have cleared the codes and still get P0475 code, and the connector is brand new. It has to be the eliminator I assume, Thoughts opinions?
Andrew

·
Registered
856 Posts
I think that code is for the is for the ebp solenoid at the base of the turbo. Someone said to use a 1 watt 470 ohm resistor to eliminate the code. Just put it across the two wires with it unplugged. You can buy one for the solenoid but a resistor sounds cheaper. Just make sure to insulate it somehow so it doesn't short to something.

P0475 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Error

Edit: Here is the ebpv eliminator from dfuser: http://www.dfuser.com/mfg/powerstroke/73/Engine/Sensors/Sensors.php#EBVT

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I eliminated the outlet on the turbo and new pedistal. I bought a eliminator for the sensor below the turbo. I wonder if it went bad, It is a few years old. I thought the P0475 was for the exhaust backpressure sensor but looks like it is the exhaust backpressure valve. I assume my sensor from pure diesel power went bad? It is 3 years old. I also notice that when the truck is cold it still idles up. There isnt anything to stop exhaust flow with everything gutted. Could this code be causing me low performance on low end ?? What would you guys do. unplug it or buy new elminator? been having low end power issues, thats only code iam getting P0475
Andrew

·
Registered
856 Posts
That is not a sensor on at the front of the pedistal. Your ebp sensor is in front of the hpop resevoir. I would check the resistance across the ebpv eliminator. Stick a 470 ohm resistor across the plug and see if the code goes away would be another way to tell if it was bad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked at the Eliminator plug that I had on the truck, looks all burnt up somehow, took it apart a bunch of black powered fell out. I tried putting a 470 ohm resistor acrossed it but didnt work, i bet connector got fryed up somehow, guess I will order a new one and see what happens, Could this cause low performance with P0475 code, I have No ebpv system that works, modified pedistal and turbo outlet. ??

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that the right code iam getting for nothing plugged in to the exhaust backpressure valve under the turbo? I do not have a meter by the way,

·
Registered
856 Posts
po472 will be for the sensor unplugged and p0475 will be for ebpv solenoid unplugged. I'm getting both with mine unplugged. Are you running a code elimanator on your sensor as well. Maybe try to unplug that and see if it make a difference. Also, have you tried the stock program?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried a new resistor for the P0475 and it fixed it, no more P0475. I still am getting the P0472 for the Sensor, I do the have defuser for the P0472 code but am still getting the code, I have a new connector on the backpressure sensor as well, What could be wrong? thought the defuser elinimator gets rid of this code, Its brand new and has never cleared the code since i plugged it in and clear the codes,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts