The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! New to this so bare with me. My engine was rebuilt about 20xxx miles ago. Along with that, the hpop was gone thro and had a new seal kit done. Last spring i had the ICP go out on me, and at the same time to IPR went out. After those were replaced, i had a lack of boost. Only about 17-18 pounds at max(on hot tune) I do not recall what the boost was before the replacements. I now had the P1211, which was hpop. Fast forward to about a month ago, we hooked up a laptop and ran forscan on it. Found out the pcm was having a bad ground. It went out, and at the same time the ipr pig tail shorted out. Got a new one spliced in, and the truck fired right up. Pcm still had grounding issue, but rolled with it for the time being. After some casual research on the hpop problem, i came across a forum about the different leak locations. The main one that popped out was the ipr, which i had replaced. Come to find out, it was leaking on that o ring. Replaced it, truck ran smoothly and would not throw the code when the oil was below about 100 degrees or so. Anything up over that it would throw the code when the truck was pegged out. The boost seamed to be alittle more responsive, but still nothing like what it should have been. Did not use a torque wrench for tightening the ipr, since i did not have one handy and that location is not the easiest to get one in there. I saw that it was supposed to be torqued to 50 pounds or so, so that is what i tried to shoot for. Do yall have any ideas on what to be looking at or what to do next? Tomorrow im planning on going and checking the o ring and making sure its still good. Is it something that i need to torque alittle more precisely for that o ring to work, or is it something i should be good with. And could the pcm ground issue have anything to do with it? Or is it just leaning towards the hpop not being able to keep up under load with a tuner. And does this potential hpop problem have a butterfly effect on the tubro’s performance and boost problems? Any information will help, and also any possible test that i can do/things that i can check to help narrow down the posibilites.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This truck is also a 2002 f350 with roughly 323xxx miles on body, with 20xxx on rebuilt engine and trans. 4x4, running a bully dog gt tuner normally ran on hot tune for gas mileage, with truck normally not being ran too hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts