The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm familiar with this. I had it when valve cover plug took a crap, I noticed it and had a check engine light. Well I got the code today or at some point, didn't throw a check engine lite though. It also isn't running rough, that I can tell. Any reason this would be thrown on my code reader yet not show up on my check engine light on dash?

·
Super Moderator
26,501 Posts
To find out why its throwing a P1316, you need to run an on-demand test like the injector buzz test to get the IDM to cough up the codes that are stored in it. You need a higher end scan tool to run the test.

That's really the only way to find out what's really going on. Your check engine light may be burnt out, as a P1316 causing issue usually lights it up. Check when you first turn on the key, as the PCM does a bulb check of that light and others.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I know my cel isn't burnt out lol sadly but it's weird I cleared the code without putting it on the snap on scanner but it doesn't always happen it's completely random

·
Super Moderator
26,501 Posts
I get a P1298 (Bad IDM) code every now and then, but don't get an SES light. Mine runs fine with no issues.

Your code may be some similar random thing as well. :shrug03:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking so or maybe my valve cover plug is a little lose and loses connection for a split second causing the code but no light. Because one hasn't been replace, the other has. I was just curious wasn't to concerned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts