The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m working on an 02 7.3 powerstroke came in with no start narrowed it down to bad idm and replaced that and icp sensor ran great went to start it again and it would just crank and threw a p1670 code checked all fuses and relays they’re fine all the wires are fine. Anything else I should look at?

·
Super Moderator
26,593 Posts
From the service manual:
  • Possible causes:
    • Open fuse
    • IDM relay
    • Open or shorted IDM enable circuit
    • Open/short in EF circuit
    • Open/short in FDCS circuit
    • IDM powering circuits
    • PCM
A P1670 all by itself points to an intermittent circuit issue.
I would try clearing the codes and trying again. If more codes come up it may help narrow it down for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
well I cleared the codes and it still wont start and I have no codes.

Can I use forscan light to moniter the hp oil pressure?

·
Super Moderator
26,593 Posts
Just a thought since you replaced the IDM: I would check the connector to be sure that a pin didn't get bent on install, or moving the wiring harness caused a bad connection somewhere.

Not real familiar with forscan, but you should be able to see HP oil pressure. The parameter you're looking for would be ICP (either voltage and/or pressure).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tested the HP oil today it is with in range. Got the truck to run and it seems to be only firing on the driver side, pulled the valve cover hoping to find some burnt pins or the wiring harness disconnected. No such luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I checked the continuity of the wires to the injectors the passenger side was poor can't remember exact numbers but I replaced it with a better used one and cleaned all the connections and all was good.
Or so I thought, today the truck started running rough and after letting it idle it has smoothed out.
Same code. Picture is of the dashboard from forscan
I would like to know what is the cmp level and is low normal or something I need to look into.
Thanks all

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts