The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a part number for the wear ring that fits inside of the crankshaft damper. My front seal has been leaking and I'm going to go ahead and replace the LPOP. It'll come with the seal installed in the LPOP housing but I'll need to get a new wear ring and I'd like to not have to buy the regular front seal kit which includes both the LPOP housing seal and the wear ring.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Unless your seal was leaking profusely, you probably don't even need the wear ring. I've installed a wear ring on a replacement damper I swapped in, but it was a just in case thing. The one I pulled off was fine.
The only way I know of getting it is the seal/ring package.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess I'll need to get it since I already pulled off the old one. My wasn't leaking profusely but slowly getting worse and coating the front and passenger's side of the motor pretty bad. Caking on like frosting over the last year or so. I'm thinking I found a part number now F4TZ6310A...they're calling it a "slinger". Do you think that is the correct part for the wear ring? I'd thought I had seen where someone had just purchased the wear ring separately but I can't find the post.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the post on another site where I had seen the wear sleeve sold separately (Oil Leak - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums). Here's a picture of the part's bag. It is part # F4TZ-6310-A for jut the wear sleeve or F4TZ-6700-A for both the seal and sleeve. This might help others when they go to replace their oil pumps with a new one that already comes with the seal installed and just need a wear sleeve.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,126 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Great PDF.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts