The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have takin my PCM out to get the code from it , in order to get a Wildman Chip. It is not located on it any where. Is there any other place I could get it from

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
There is a sticker on the outside of the box that will have it

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Then it has been peeled off and thrown away, that is if you are looking at the PCM that is located on the firewall down by the emergency brake and not the IDM that is located up on the fender.

If you do have the PCM out then just tell the code writer the year of your truck and if you have a automatic or a 5 speed manual in your truck.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I have takin my PCM out to get the code from it... Is there any other place I could get it from
(click this text)

bugman seems to be suggesting that there are only 2 possible calibrations. The code for my '97 w/E4OD is NAW6.

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

You should put ALL the truck's details & history (as much as you know) into your signature so it shows with each post, as this page explains:

(click this text)

Phone apps don't always show signatures, so you may need to switch to a real browser in desktop mode on your phone, or just use a desktop/laptop computer. Include your location (nearest city) in your signature & upload an avatar of the truck. The more pics you post of the truck, engine, wiring, labels, & undercarriage, the more likely we can help you. Not all its details are relevant to these issues, but you don't necessarily know which ones are relevant, so just put everything in now.

·
Administrator
24,966 Posts
There may be a sticker on the driver's side door hinge post (assuming it's still readable). Ford did that on SuperDuty trucks anyway.

Based on the DPC-203 on your circuit board, your choices are SOD1-SOD3, SOD5, and ALF5.
The tuner probably only needs the DPC-3, which is the hardware code for the PCM, and the fact that it's a manual tranny. Give them the whole part number, 5FT5-14A608-EC and they may be able to figure it out from there.
Here is the old PCM code listing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts