The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 f350 6.7
Long story short, I broke the inside piece of the grey plastic cam lock on the pcm connector (middle one) and need to find a replacement. I've found the connector on the right but not the one for the middle. Can't get the plug to go in far enough and stay in place so it's just sitting now. Hoping this little mistake isn't going to turn into something very expensive but we'll see

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
The center PCM connector is the engine harness - connector C1232E. There is a service pigtail available which the picture in the shows just the hard-shell connector which is what you need. You can order one from your favorite Ford dealer by asking for either of these two numbers:
  • Motorcraft # WPT-1353
  • Ford # AU2Z-14S411-ALA
Since you likely only need to replace the lever and cam and the outer shell I recommend doing just that and NOT messing with the wiring at all. If you study the connector you will see there are tabs that when gently lifted will allow the outer shell to be removed from the core and the lever can then be removed. Removing each wire and installing into a new connector is tedious but if there is no other choice then it has to be done. The list price is $97 and I recommend Googling the part number as you WILL find it much cheaper on-line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts