The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 7.3 all symptoms point to pcm failure. No fuel pump power , computer not comunicating, all relays and fuses been replaced inside and out. No chip found need a cross referance for a usable pcm cant find mine no where in the US. Please help desperit to fix my work truck . it is an automatic power stroke f350 superduty no bells or whistles . someone please give me a usable pcm number I can try. Much gratitude

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
What PCM is in it now?

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Just checking the fuses and relays is not going to cut it. PCM's rarely fail. If you haven't done so, you need to test the power and ground circuits at the PCM before condemning it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if it checks out ? Then what's the next move? Do you know the wire color for the ground and power? Or circuit?

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Tell us the problems that you are having. I tried to find a pin out for a 2001 PCM but can't find one.

How do you suspect that the PCM is dead? Do you get any warning lights when you first turn the key on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there first I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all and thanks a lot for the help/support.

Had to get that stuffage! Lol
I don't get wts light no tach movement while cranking over no check engine light code reader says error only on this vehicle . every fuse and relay in both fuse panels have been replaced all switches and sensors even new fuel pump and glo plug relays/silonoids trying to figure out if pcm is getting power now. Man where did points go??? It was so much easier then!

·
Super Moderator
26,300 Posts
Check at pins 71 and 97 of the PCM connector for power with key on. Those pins will have red wires connected to them.
Also there's the Keep Alive Memory power at pin 55 (red/white wire) should be hot at all times.
There are also three grounds on pins 51, 77, and 103 (black/white wires) and another ground at pin 25 (lt blue/yellow wire)
I think that's all.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
You can also try swapping the top and bottom relay in the under hood fuse box. The top one should be for the PCM power.

Reactions: klhansen

·
Super Moderator
26,300 Posts
You can also try swapping the top and bottom relay in the under hood fuse box. The top one should be for the PCM power.
I'd try that first before checking the PCM connector that I posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a bunch for the intel! I will try that tomorrow. I want to so bad right now but got the big boss telling little boss no! Lmao!! I'm sure some one can relate? Hahaaa. Any how its so damn nice to know there is actually people out there still that's willing to give a hand ! Very glad I found this site !! Ill get back with an answer if It's the pcm or the wire ?until then going to enjoy these ice cold adult beverages! Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I'd also recheck fuse #30 in the cab and make sure that it is good and that it has power on it when the key is turned on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts