The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
P160A is a module configuration error caused by your tuner.

The other stuff - I am of the opinion you and your mechanic have no clue what you are doing. Your diagnostics should have initially focused on the cylinder contribution codes before you wasted money on the delete... A manual DPF regeneration would have cleaned it then the cause of the overloaded condition diagnosed. As for the cylinder contribution codes, a relative compression test at a minimum would direct you to look deeper if low readings indicating a base engine concern were observed. If a valvetrain concern is suspected, removing the valve covers to inspect it would have been a more effectively use your time and money.

FYI - With no vacuum supplied to the EGR cooler bypass control the valve is closed causing EGR to flow through the cooler. (default position)

I hope my reply does not come across as snarky. Some people say, "He's from New Jersey - he can't help it." I say, "I am honest and direct - you can't handle it!" If you have more questions bring them on. That is why we are all here! ;)

Reactions: Stroking it

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Valvetrain concerns on 6.7L engines are almost always a bad/damaged camshaft follower and I have observed engines with this failure making erratic noises. An exhaust valve that is not opening in part or completely will cause pressure pulses in the intake that may affect other cylinders - most likely on the same cylinder bank. In that scenario you should also hear a popping noise through the air filter. Without seeing the truck in person, it is difficult to advise. (Downside of internet forums)

Here is an example of an engine with a bad lifter - remember the engine has four valves so with one out of commission it still runs but will have symptoms. This particular engine inconsistently made noise and fooled the technician into slamming an injector in it and said it was good. Never left the shop and ended up in my bay.
Wood Gold Metal Jewellery Musical instrument

1 - 2 of 3 Posts