The Diesel Stop banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
For everyone that wants to use a "full synthetic" oil in their engine, Amsoil Signature series max-duty synthetic diesel oil 15W-40 meets CJ-4 and Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 specifications. I know it isn't cheap but it is the best oil you can buy on the market today. Here is the list of all the specifications it meets or exceeds:

APPLICATIONS
Use in diesel engines and, where appropriate, gasoline engines requiring any of the following specifications:

• API CK-4/SN, CJ-4, CI-4+, CF
  • Volvo VDS4.5, VDS4, VDS3
  • Mack EOS-4.5, EO-O
  • Renault RLD-4, RLD-3
  • Cummins CES20086, CES20081
  • Caterpillar ECF-2, ECF-3, ECF-1-a
  • DDC 93K218, 93K215, 93K214
  • DFS 93K222
  • ACEA E9, E7
  • MB 228.31
  • MAN 3575
  • MTU Type 2.1, II, I
  • JASO DH-2
  • Deutz DQC III-10LA
  • Scania LA-2
  • Chrysler MS 10902
  • Ford WSS-M2C171-F1
COMPATIBILITY
AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil is compatible with other conventional and synthetic engine oils. Mixing AMSOIL diesel oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil’s life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL synthetic diesel oils.

SERVICE LIFE
Diesel Engine Service Life
Heavy-Duty On-/Off-Road: Three times (3X) OEM1 recommendation, not to exceed 60,000 miles/600 hours or one year, whichever comes first.
Turbodiesel Pickup: Two times (2X) OEM1 recommendation, not to exceed 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
Gasoline Engine Service Life: Two times (2X) OEM1 recommendation, not to exceed 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
569 Posts
For everyone that wants to use a "full synthetic" oil in their engine, Amsoil Signature series max-duty synthetic diesel oil 15W-40 meets CJ-4 and Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 specifications. I know it isn't cheap but it is the best oil you can buy on the market today. Here is the list of all the specifications it meets or exceeds:

APPLICATIONS
Use in diesel engines and, where appropriate, gasoline engines requiring any of the following specifications:

• API CK-4/SN, CJ-4, CI-4+, CF
  • Volvo VDS4.5, VDS4, VDS3
  • Mack EOS-4.5, EO-O
  • Renault RLD-4, RLD-3
  • Cummins CES20086, CES20081
  • Caterpillar ECF-2, ECF-3, ECF-1-a
  • DDC 93K218, 93K215, 93K214
  • DFS 93K222
  • ACEA E9, E7
  • MB 228.31
  • MAN 3575
  • MTU Type 2.1, II, I
  • JASO DH-2
  • Deutz DQC III-10LA
  • Scania LA-2
  • Chrysler MS 10902
  • Ford WSS-M2C171-F1
COMPATIBILITY
AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil is compatible with other conventional and synthetic engine oils. Mixing AMSOIL diesel oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil’s life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL synthetic diesel oils.

SERVICE LIFE
Diesel Engine Service Life
Heavy-Duty On-/Off-Road: Three times (3X) OEM1 recommendation, not to exceed 60,000 miles/600 hours or one year, whichever comes first.
Turbodiesel Pickup: Two times (2X) OEM1 recommendation, not to exceed 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
Gasoline Engine Service Life: Two times (2X) OEM1 recommendation, not to exceed 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

Take a pic of the back of the bottle.... if its printed on the bottle that is Ford WSS approved, I will buy 10 gallons right now.

I can't seem to find a bottle with it printed on it. I know its on the website, but not sure if that holds up.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Take a pic of the back of the bottle.... if its printed on the bottle that is Ford WSS approved, I will buy 10 gallons right now.

I can't seem to find a bottle with it printed on it. I know its on the website, but not sure if that holds up.
I was in the Amsoil warehouse in Dallas a few weeks back and looked at their diesel oils. One of them had the specification on the bottle, but now I cannot remember which and they may have all had it because I was not thinking to check at the time. As a more cost effective Amsoil choice, you could go for this one - Heavy-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil 5W-40. I would imagine it would easily last 5-8K knowing Amsoil and the preferred member price is $21.95 a gallon versus $31.90 a gallon for the Max Duty. I bought a membership a few years ago to obtain discounts on their gear oil. The $20 paid for itself on the first order that I placed.

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is no AMSOIL on the Ford approved list either the pdf or the search tool and they have tested and approved some pretty obscure oils. I wonder what Ford's warranty position is on oils that claim to meet the spec but have not been tested and approved by Ford. Or the oil manufacturer's position on liability if a problem arises with the engine linked to the oil?

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is no AMSOIL on the Ford approved list either the pdf or the search tool and they have tested and approved some pretty obscure oils. I wonder what Ford's warranty position is on oils that claim to meet the spec but have not been tested and approved by Ford. Or the oil manufacturer's position on liability if a problem arises with the engine linked to the oil?
You could find unicorn tears before finding some of those oils. Amsoil would carry the warranty in the event of an incident, but I would guess the chance of that would be remote in the extreme. Amsoil is top notch and their gear oil is arguably the best on the market today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: HoustonRider

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Done.

I was going to get some 75w140, but my pricing is $54/qt. Unless I read it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preferred pricing on 75W-140 is $13.30 per quart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone here bought oil from this website? Why is it so cheap compare to other sites??

k-mansparts.com

Motorcraft 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil 5 quart for $32.89ea compare to $50-55 other sites.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
If User Reviews can be trusted then here are 40+ positive reviews since January 2017:

ArcticDriver, I saw that also from k-mansparts when I was doing a search and was wondering the same thing. How can it be so cheap when everyone else is so expensive? I wonder if anyone else had any luck with it yet....

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Sherz^^^^

Yes, when something sounds too good to be true then its good to be sceptical. :winking:

I don't have time to dig deeper into their business but I wish I did.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Per my "tribologist," I've been running Renewable Lubricants' Bio-SynXtra HDMO 15w40 low ash. It's not cheap, but the oil analysis is simply outstanding. 10K miles on it and it's clean as a whistle ... oil is in great shape ... wear elements have been reduced, too.

I'm an Amsoil fan ... run it in everything else ... but I'm becoming a convert of RLI ... Amazon Prime!

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Per my "tribologist," I've been running Renewable Lubricants' Bio-SynXtra HDMO 15w40 low ash. It's not cheap, but the oil analysis is simply outstanding. 10K miles on it and it's clean as a whistle ... oil is in great shape ... wear elements have been reduced, too.
With my current health coverage I can only see a Tribologist if my Primary Care physician writes me a referral.

I have heard of extended OCIs when using an expensive bypass oil filter BUT clean oil is not the same thing as good oil.

Its still a factor of the TBN and the TBN is still a function of use...TBN gets used up.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Amsoil has the best oil out there Ford approved
Meets Ford specification xxxx is not the same as Ford approved--but then again very few of the popular majors met the old Ford specification (only Shell and Kendall that I found)--does that mean that Delvac or Delo would ruin your engine? Hardly and with that said, I would not hesitate to use Amsoil, I have never read where their oil has caused an engine failure. I use their gear oil in both axles on my truck and it is arguably the best gear oil on the market.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have heard of extended OCIs when using an expensive aftermarket oil filter BUT clean oil is not the same thing as good oil. Its still a factor of the TBN and the TBN is still a function of use...TBN gets used up.
Agreed--and with DEF/DPF/SCR in place, a 10K OCI **may** be somewhat of a stretch. Fuel dilution forces me to change it at no more than 8K unless I am running 100% highway miles, but the TBN is still OK.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The problem is ... when I drained the Ford oil (I'd been having their service department change mine as I discovered how fast the oil drains i these things last year)
Dang! ‘Couldn’t get the quotes to work. That’s never happened before.
Hey, Al!
I prefer to do my own oil changes to save money & to be sure that the job is done right (pre fill the filter, lube the gasket & such). To avoid the fast drain & the potential unwanted oil bath simply remove the oil fill cap, put the hose of your shop vac over it & turn your shop vac on. No, you’re not vacuuming any oil out of the engine, just putting a very slight negative pressure (vacuum) on the internals which doesn’t hurt a thing. Now go under the truck & put a catch pan in place just in case. You’re going to need this when you remove the oil filter anyway. When you remove the drain plug you will hear air bubbling up through the oil & no oil should drain at this time. Now go back up top & remove the shop vac hose from the oil fill tube & the oil will drain normally.
I’ve even used this method to install Fumoto Valves between oil changes. It works,
My Fumoto Valve has the nipple so I can use a piece of tubing & drain the oil directly into an old gas can that I use for this purpose.
I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
869 Posts
That T-6 is either very old or brand new. It could have been made & bottled before the CK-4 oil came out or it is a new batch (or just the new labeling) that Ford has approved.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts