The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
2016 F350 crew cab 4x4 6.7L 43,000 miles. Pull a 28 foot gooseneck horse trailer.

I have noticed that when pulling the trailer and pressing the brakes pretty hard I can get a good vibration in the steering wheel where it shakes pretty hard back and forth.

Most of the time however there is no vibration under braking. And I have not noticed it when I do not have the horse trailer connected.

Any ideas or recommendations? Is it time for new front pads and rotors? Or maybe a worn front end part?

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like you may have a warped or warped both front rotors. The pads are easy enough to change, and if they are worn enough may cause some shaking.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
warped rotors

Yes, The idea of warped rotors has crossed my mind. I guess I need to look at how much pad is left at 42,000 miles and maybe change pads and rotors.

It just seems odd that I am not feeling any vibrations during braking in my brake pedal. Also, it seems odd that 95% of the time everything stops very nice and smooth. It is just when my trailer is hooked up and when I brake hard like going downhill and stuff....

Terry

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's not that unusual. The added heat causes the rotors to distort more. Chances are if you made several moderate stops without the trailer you would feel it some.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I was getting vibrations without the trailer on hard braking this weekend. Need to research best rotors and pads for my 16 now.
Terry

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
replaced rotors and pads with factory. working great for awhile now.
Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts