The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Woah, I had no idea this thread would come to this. I'm not trying to get $180 out of anyone. I just saw real world results with this filter. It's not that it gives you more power, it just frees up the power lost in conventional filters. No one has to buy anything. I'm not selling anything. I was just going to see if I can get the local dealer to cut me a break on a group buy and that's not allowed here. So, I'm getting mine soon and I'll report back what I find. I don't need any convincing. By the way, Boeing now uses their filters. Whatever filters were used back in the day are most likely completely different filters than the Pure Power ones.

Reactions: Slo805

·
Registered
426 Posts
vegasdiesel, i look forward to hearing about your experience with the filter.

i tend to agree with roper on the power issue. what interests me more is the filter's ability to keep up with the demand that the oil system on the 6.0 has. per specs, IIRC, the engine can demand up to 18 gallons or so of oil per minute under load, and the motorcraft filter cannot handle that, so the bypass opens, and a portion of the oil is unfiltered during these times. that is the main reason i added the amsoil bypass filter. to keep the oil cleaner for just these times that oil would not be being fully filtered under load, and to help the oil side of the injectors perform better.

a secondary benefit to me IMO is re-usability. that is nice. less waste is better. i recycle my oil to my towns transfer station, but the filter goes into the trash.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts