The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! So what I got going is a cp4 55% flow over stock upgrade. It's on a 2017 6.7 powerstroke. Now, the cp4 is reassembled with the new upgraded barrel and plunger, and sits in the truck all hooked up. I'm ready to continue reassembling the rest of the parts onto the engine, such as the intake piping system. Let me tell you though... this is the 3rd time I've reached this stage, all due to a major, high pressure fuel leak, that I've failed to resolve till about now. Or so I believe. But haven't tested it yet due to a concern have. From what I understood after much searching on forums and such, people have had much success using Permatex #2 Form-a-gasket sealant, as a diesel fuel fitting thread sealant. So now let me finally get to my question... does anybody on this forum have experience with this stuff? And if you did, how long did you let it cure before running the engine? Would it take less time than normal considering the tight space? I need to know cure time, because today is the only day I have, besides next weekend which is too far out for me. I finger tightened the fitting with the sealant applied, and let it sit one hour before tightening fully. Any info is greatly appreciated:)

Also, I attached a reference photo

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts