The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone wants to know I own four 1999 ford with the psd two cackle loudy, one does occasionally and one psd is quiet.I live nad work in sw fla. mild to hot climate, in the same town ford does their testing at the winter test track. all the trucks run on amsiol three trucks use nothing put hess diesel, which one of these is a loud cackler.
my personel truck gets either mobile or chervon. the quiet truck is a f450. the other trucks are e350s, one of these is the loud cackler sorta sounds like rod knock. and my truck is and f350 dually 4*4 loaded. these are just the facts the pretain to my trucks. my truck will be going to the dealer in two weeks for the cackle fix and a\c cutting out under load problems. i just wish i had found the web site and had know about the cuase of the cackle while the ford engineers were in town. when i had hard to fix problems the dealer here has them take a peek at it and they have always come up with a solution, they are a good bunch of people that take pride in what they build and they love happy customers. anyway this is what i have seen.and everybody remeber ford is only as good as the dealership that does the warrnaty work. if your dealer is not helping you find one that will. mike

------------------
99 f350 psd drw 4*4 auto lariat
4.10 posi's, superchip,tri guages,eclispse,oz+orions 1200 watts ppi

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the record.

2000 PSD, F-350 4x4 Lariat. 2200 miles. Very loud knock (cackle). Nearly all the time. Per dealer the TSB was installed numerous times by an FMC engineer sent specifically to work on our truck. The dealer per the engineer announced that the truck was fixed yet, the rod knock sound is as loud as ever.
The dealer, service manager and truck/PSD mechanics confirmed that the koock still exists and is abnormal.

Will FMC fix this? My belief is yes. By all indications they are sincere.

I will report more after further conversations with Detroit this week.

The vehicle is a project rig for our on-line magazine. Most definately, we cannot present it in public venues with the loud knocking noise.

[This message has been edited by off-road.com (edited 05-14-2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts