Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is off topic but can you tell me where or how
to post photos of my truck thanks,Bryan

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bryan, If you go to the top of this page and click on MAIN INDEX, scroll down to the "website" section, then ckick on testing forum... I think you try your picture posting there and see if it works. I've not posted any yet so I can't help much beyond this. good luck and we'll watch for the pics !

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I realize this is off topic but can you tell me where or how
to post photos of my truck thanks,Bryan

[/ QUOTE ]
Go to the top of the page and click on "Photos", re login to the photo section then click on upload (or download) photo. Click on browse, that will take you to your hard drive and it should be easy from there.
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
JimmyDee's reply coveres it. Just use the same username and password you use here to login to the forums and then post your photos. You are allotted 2 meg's worth of disc space for your gallery of photos.

Dick

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Mr. Cutting,

I figured out how to get a photo uploaded to this site, but please tell me how to get if off the site. I read all the FAQs and stuff but I can't find anything about removing a photo.

Kindest regards, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

·
Registered
653 Posts
hey kude,
if you go to your album,click on the photo you want removed. when it comes up to full size ,go to the bottom of the photo and you will see edit and delete. im a bit of a novice at this to ,but that should get you what you want.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
As 99250 said, login to your photo gallery and then select the photo you want to edit or remove. The photo will display and at the bottom of the editing window there is a box to check to remove that photo if you so desire.

Dick

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
... can you tell me where or how to post photos of my truck

[/ QUOTE ]

First, be sure the photo is in JPEG (*.jpg) format. Then load it in TheDieselStop Photo Gallery per discussion above.

After you have the photo loaded on TheDieselStop photo gallery, look at that photo. Right-click on the photo and a new window will open. In that new window, click on "properties". You will see a window with "address(URL)", and that URL should end in ".jpg". Highlight that address and copy it into RAM. Now you have the address of that photo in RAM (Windows scratchpad or similar).

With the URL in RAM, you can paste the URL into a post or put it in your profile. You don't have an avatar yet (little photo below your name on your posts). To have that photo for your avatar, scroll up to the top of this screen and click on "My Home" and edit your profile. For the little window for photo address, paste in the URL you have in RAM.

If you simply want to link to a photo for one of your posts, then simply paste the URL into the post. The editor will convert that URL to a clickable link. Like this one: http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data/500/2842Copper_Dash.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
How do you make a link to a pic say MY RIDE or something else then when you click on that it goes to the pic.

I can get my picture in my sig but I don't want it to show the link. I just want it to say MY 01

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
How do you make a link to a pic say MY RIDE or something else then when you click on that it goes to the pic.
I'll turn off UBBCode for this post to show you the code. Note that the quote above is coded but it doesn't look like the normal quote on TheDieselStop. That's because UBBCode is turned off for this post.

Using the link in my previous post, the normal code to make it a clickable link is:

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/data/500/2842Copper_Dash.jpg

But to make it say "2005 dash", then I'd code it as follows:

2005 Dash

If you scroll up to the top of this screen and notice two menu bars, on the lower menu bar click on "FAQ". Then scroll down to "Can I use HTML in my posts?" and click on that. That will jump you to the FAQ section on using UBBCode. (HTML is turned off and UBBCode is turned on for posts on TheDieselStop.)

The applicable "command" in UBBCode is

title = Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link.

The above assumes that "link" is the URL to your photo, and "title" is the words you want to show up on the screen.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
What Smokey said. Although I think he meant to say "UBB" code not "UOO" code.

Thanks Smokey. You got here just before me.

Dick

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Although I think he meant to say "UBB" code not "UOO" code.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

·
Registered
721 Posts
So, let me get this right, I need to go to home, turn off httm, add for example, 2005 dash and then go to browse and link it to my post? I am an idiot when it comes to computers.

·
Registered
721 Posts
ok, I tried that and It don't work. I tried also to get them from my webshots folder with no luck.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
I edited your signature to now include the link and a name for that link (My Truck)which is what I think you were trying to do. Go to your "home" and then to your signature and see what the code looks like. That will show you how it's done. You can then substitute any URL you want for a different picture.

Dick

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks Dick, that's what I wanted to do, but how do I get all my album for viewing, or my webshots album. What I would like to do is be able to show some of my upgrades to other members when the need arises.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
First, you need the URL to the webshots stuff.

The URL to your gallery is: http://photos.thedieselstop.com/showgallery.php?cat=998&thumb=1&si=unchingono

Just go to My Home, scroll down to your signature and add the code in that box. The code I just added to your signature for your gallery is shown below. I turned off UUB Code here in this post so you could see the code required.

My Photo Gallery here at TDS

In My Home, just copy that code above again and then substitute the Webshots URL and change the link text from TDS to Webshots or whatever you want.

Dick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts