The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new PHP Hydra chip and am having a problem. I have a new PCM along with this new chip. On all of the programs sometimes the throttle response is dead on and at other times it's lethargic. Sometimes the SES light comes on and the engine will go into a limp mode. Other times it runs like a scalded cat. There are times when I let off the throttle the engine will lope several times and then just die other times it will idle just fine just a little higher than normal. It seams the 2 dialer driver modes are the worst. Has anyone else had these symptoms or suggestions on how to remedy the problem. Yes, I did download the suggested tunes according to the code of my new PCM.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Did you make sure the contacts were super clean?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I made sure to disconnect both batteries, clean contacts but not to the point that the bars are copper.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I think the advice was to use a pencil eraser as they are coated with something...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the brass brush and scotch-brite pad supplied to clean the contacts as instructed. Would the use of dielectric grease be good on the chip/PCM contact?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm not sure, hoping someone else might chime in. Did you contact their support team yet? They are pretty good at it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Whatever happened 03mach1?
BTW, I learned something about my hydra tunes lately. I was having rompy starts on the 100hp tune, even though I have new glow plugs and relay. By starting on my 1000 rpm tune, the romps are gone. Must be a timing issue...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts