The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Standard problem of blown high pressure steering line. Used all your wisdom to get the correct line. Had to Dremel off an old line at the steering box AND I ended up nicking the other line in the process.

Figured I'd replace both.

ALMOST done, the high pressure line is all connected, but when I try to connect the low pressure line at the box, it doesn't seem to fit right. The bend is interfering.

SO, maybe I have a line with just enough wrong bend that it's interfering. OR I have them going all the wrong directions, OR I just don't know what I'm doing.

Can someone snap a picture of the hard lines exiting their steering box? I think I know how they overlap, but maybe I'm off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a side view pic from the fender well access hole of my 97 F350.
Really appreciate that. It's been sitting since then.

Your lines are nice and not touching. My lines are touching so much that it won't let the larger line thread into the steering box.

Question: The small line has a long vertical drop-loop shortly after coming out of the steering box. On your truck, does that long loop rest on the drivers side of the steering box? or the passenger side of it? I assume it's pretty close to the fan shroud?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts