The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Ford F-350 ccsb 7.3 with 482,000, I hit a bump the other day and the truck wouldn’t go back into gear. I tightened the shifter lever and change the TRS, I just got finished changing the transfer case oil. I also went over my fuses and there all good. I’m wondering if I got a faulty TRS from for because when it’s plugged in I get a loud buzzing noise from what sounds like where the breakers are. The truck radio area is a mess with wires and I can read a blue print but that’s confusing whoever owned this truck before me left all their subs wiring around with a bunch of other stuff. I’ve been reading a lot of different stuff, if I am going to need to do trans work I’m just going to buy a Sam wyse.

·
Super Moderator
12,094 Posts
It isn't the TRS. No matter what the TRS does or does not do, it cannot keep the trans from engaging in a gear.

When in park, does park hold or will the truck roll? If it rolls, you have a problem in the transfer case or rear axle. If it holds, the trans is the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't the TRS. No matter what the TRS does or does not do, it cannot keep the trans from engaging in a gear.

When in park, does park hold or will the truck roll? If it rolls, you have a problem in the transfer case or rear axle. If it holds, the trans is the problem.
No it doesn’t go anywhere, would it be the solenoid or just rebuild it? Now I did notice metal shavings when I drained the transfer case while I was putting it in containers, also when I check the atf from the trans I can see a very lite tint of gray which is new.

·
Super Moderator
12,094 Posts
No matter what the solenoids (or ANYTHING electrical for that matter) do, the trans will still go into gear. The trans has failed, it is time to rebuild or replace it.

Reactions: Dmac7.3
1 - 4 of 4 Posts