The Diesel Stop banner

Do you want a tall and skinny tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am throwing this out there to get interest in the demand for a tall but skinny tire for use on dually rims without spacers specifically OE 17" dually rims. I have been in contact with Mickey Thompson and they seem very interested in the idea of making such a tire. They mention doing a 235/95R17 or (35x9.50r17) in either there STZ or ATZP3. If the demand is there of course and from what I have been reading people should be interested in this, a great alternative to running commercial tires or running spacers. So if your interested post up and I will send this link over to Mickey Thompson so they can see.

·
Registered
273 Posts
looks like just you and me. I was hoping not to spend $3000 on wheels to go with a bigger tire. I've read good and bad about spacers, but really just wanted a taller tire

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I would love to have a tall skinny tire, but it MUST be in an all terrain. I would even settle for 33ish range. BFG makes one (255/80/17) but its only in their mud terrain. I too am looking at spending 3K plus in wheels just for a bit taller tire and I don't want to run spacers. Ideally I would like a 255/80/17 or even the 235/95/17 in a BFG AT KO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I am throwing this out there to get interest in the demand for a tall but skinny tire for use on dually rims without spacers specifically OE 17" dually rims. I have been in contact with Mickey Thompson and they seem very interested in the idea of making such a tire. They mention doing a 235/95R17 or (35x9.50r17) in either there STZ or ATZP3. If the demand is there of course and from what I have been reading people should be interested in this, a great alternative to running commercial tires or running spacers. So if your interested post up and I will send this link over to Mickey Thompson so they can see.
Interested for sure.... it’s about time !!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,974 Posts
4 interested in 7 years! I wonder what the minimum is to get a company interested? 1000? So, by 3370 AD we should have enough! WooHoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
It's up to 7 people now that want tall skinny tires, and only 1 that doesn't want it. :sleep:😵👺

1 - 6 of 6 Posts