The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
The engine will run with voltage down to 9.0. Normal voltage running should be about 13.5 after the glow plugs release. I wouldn’t trust a Dorman CPS. Get a real International CPS. Is your IPR magnet in place with the tin nut tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yes the IPR magnet is in place and the tin nut is tight. Now that I think of it the IPR is a freaking Dorman also. Should I change both IPR and CPS. I found the loss of charge. I had a blown fuse that wasn't energizing the exciter wire to the alternator.

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Did you see if the oil pattens from the injectors on both banks are the same now? Have you tried unplugging other sensors? They all share a reference voltage so if any one of them are acting up, they can drag the others down. The EBP is the usual culprit, but MAP, oil temp, air temp all can be faulty. Change the CPS to your original if you can.

·
Registered
2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Lariat Edition 7.3L diesel
19 Posts
I just replaced my hpop lines and the springs are supposed to be their (with the stock lines only)!if you ever upgrade your lines and add a cross over you can trash the springs but for now you need them or it will hard start

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Supposed to be whose? Anyway, most of us remove the springs. I’ve never seen any hard start issues. Can you explain why that might be so or direct me to an article that backs that up?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts