The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 1996 7.3L F350 Crew Cab. Since buying this truck in 1996, we have had one problem after another. We have had it in the shop more times that I care to think about. Started off with a idle fluctuation (which the dealer put back on us). They said it was caused from our Isolator (we have a camper). The isle fluctuation started from the first day we drove this truck off the lot. The Isolator didn't get put in till a month or so later......

Then the next thing was the clutch linkage. The Idle fluctuation never did get fixed because this next problem seemed more important now. It kept breaking every 10,000 miles on average. After the 5th time, finally convinced the dealer that there was someing "misaligned". (DAH!!!). They took apart the whole mechanism and guess what?? We were right. I think the problem is finally fixed, only time will tell.

Well, on Sunday Evening (March 26th), had the truck plugged in. Around 8:00, went into the bedroom and saw something "glowing". Went to the window only to discover that the truck was up in flames..... by now I am thinking "WHAT THE HECK NEXT????". This truck has been a huge pain in the .....

I would think that since this truck is not even 4 years old, and it only has 60,000 miles, that this would be a "warranty" or a "recall" or something. Has anyone heard of a recall or anything about this??? The shop where we had the truck towed, says that it looks like the wiring to the block heater had a short or it could possible be the block heater itself.

HELP????? I feel like we have a class action suit on our hands. You wouldn't believe all the heart ache we have had to go through. We don't trust this truck at all......

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Howdy! Welcome to Ford-Diesel.com!

Sorry to hear about all the problems you have had with your truck. I am going to move this to the 94-97 truck section where more knowledgeable people will read and respond to it.

SP

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Moderator, FAQ Editor
QOTD: "Good..bad...I'm the guy with the gun." -Ash, Army of Darkness

1 - 2 of 2 Posts