The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days my truck has been acting up with throttle response and being lazy. It is lazy like the tuner isn't working, and then it will liven up all of the sudden and be fine from there on out....until I shut the truck off, and then it starts all over again once I start it back up. Once the laziness goes away, it is fine until I shut the truck off. I was wondering if this is a tuner-related problem, as I haven't had anything like this prior to the past few days. I'm in the Marine Corps and just got back from a 7 month deployment, so the truck didn't get driven much at all over those 7 months, and I don't know if this would have any effect on it either. Any help or areas to check would be appreciated.
Braiden

·
Registered
803 Posts
Start by taking the tune out of the computer. Put it back to stock and see if it clears up.

Jason

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll do that tomorrow and let you know what comes of it. I've been trying to watch my boost levels as well, and they seem normal at all times.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
The last few days my truck has been acting up with throttle response and being lazy. It is lazy like the tuner isn't working, and then it will liven up all of the sudden and be fine from there on out....until I shut the truck off, and then it starts all over again once I start it back up. Once the laziness goes away, it is fine until I shut the truck off. I was wondering if this is a tuner-related problem, as I haven't had anything like this prior to the past few days. I'm in the Marine Corps and just got back from a 7 month deployment, so the truck didn't get driven much at all over those 7 months, and I don't know if this would have any effect on it either. Any help or areas to check would be appreciated.
Braiden
Did this happen when you first installed the chip or later? Does this laziness go away once you are at cruising speed? Does it only do this in the lower RPM ranges?

Let me know so we can help figure out what is going on.

Diane

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It never did it until recently, the truck ran great after I installed the chip and continued to run fine until I left for a 7 month deployment back in August. Since I got back it was running lazy when you would first start it and continue for about 10 minutes, then go away, and you would feel a difference in the truck, like the tuner just turned on all of the sudden. I've adjusted it to the stock setting, and that's how the truck runs with the 80e tune in it, it runs the same with the tune dialed into the stock & 80e. The laziness has gotten worse, and it is doing it all the time now. I'm gonna pull out the computer today to make sure there isn't any corrosion on the connections, but wanted to see if you had any ideas, as it's never done it before. Also, it's lazy at all RPM's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was indeed a loose connection where the tuner plugs into the adjuster. It's secured now and shouldn't give me anymore problems. Thanks for the help and phone call on the matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts