The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am looking at the possibility of buying my friends 1996 f350 because he is moving away. It is burgundy red and is a 4wd crew cab long bed. It has no rust and has just a little bit of paint fading on the doors. It has a 7.3 in it and it had the transmission rebuilt 3 years ago and approximately 50k miles ago. The truck has a total of 200k miles. He has the paperwork for the trans job. It has a couple minor paint imperfections, the interior is okay, and one of the back doors has no electricity for some reason. But other than that I think it’s a solid truck. It is originally from AK and then sold to the new owners about 13 years and they now live in California. He is asking $13,500 for it. Do you guy’s think this is a fair price for this rig? Any advice or things I should check on it?

Ps: If I did get it I would want to fix the door electricity problem, anyone have any advice on this?
Thanks!
I attached a few pics of it below:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
It seems high to me, but every truck's price is high right now, so that might be a good price in the current market. If it runs & drives the way you expect, then it's probably OK.

If the door wiring has been hacked like the driver's seat, it shouldn't take much to fix. If you can't do it, take it to a stereo/alarm shop - they generally know more about wiring than the typical mechanic.

If you buy it, you should put ALL the truck's details & history (as much as you know) into your signature so it shows with each post, as this page explains:

(click this text)

Phone apps don't always show signatures, so you may need to switch to a real browser in desktop mode on your phone, or just use a desktop/laptop computer. Put your location in your profile & upload an avatar of the truck. The more pics you post of the truck, engine, wiring, labels, & undercarriage, the more likely we can help you.

·
Registered
2000 F350 CC DRW HD Edition, 4r100, ESOF, AIS, 4”, Gear Vendor, hpx, frx Mishimoto trans cooler
71 Posts
At least in the Pacific Northwest, it doesn’t seem like $12,500 can buy you much of a 7.3 power stroke these days.

·
Registered
87 Posts
From AK and no rust? Maybe they don't waste money on salting roadways like the NE
U.S. Sounds like a pretty good price from what I've seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts