The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Ford F-250 7.3L IDI E4OD 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there y'all, I need some insight here.
So I just put in a new Pensacola reman. injection pump in my 7.3 IDI, and I battled with some leaking injector lines where they go into the pump which I solved by tightening them down until they stopped dripping, now for some reason I have obvious air intrusion and I see a drip coming from the base of the back of the IP where there are teeth on this big long shaft. I replaced the seals for the feed line from the filter, so both line olives, and the o-ring on the brass fitting. I know there aren't seals inside the injector lines so I'm wondering if I got sent a dud pump that is leaking where I described. I would assume that leak I see is my air intrusion but I'm really not sure at this point and it's becoming increasingly frustrating with the hard starts and all that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to help me solve this issue, I will be checking back here regularly for responses.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You got stuck with a leaker. Send it back and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1993 Ford F-250 7.3L IDI E4OD 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that’s it huh? Is there a way I can tighten that shaft? I see wrench flats on the end of it where the brass fitting screws in but I was wondering if that would screw up internal timing or something, since those teeth are there to lock it in place. As a side note, I cleaned my pickup tube in my tank today and it seems to be starting a lot better now, also found the shower head just wasn’t there, so I’ll be replacing that tomorrow. We’ll see how she starts tomorrow morning…

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Those teeth are exactly what you're thinking. If you move it, you'll change some of the pump calibration. It is most likely sealed with an O-ring that is an interference fit. Best to mark the leak and send it back with pictures. Besides if you move it you'll void any warranties you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts