The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested in knowing the how many miles you've put on your 6.0's and what problems you've had during the life of your vehicle. I own an 05 6.0 excursion w/ 31,000 and have not had any problems to date

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you really want it here goes.
2006 with 6600 miles

Check Electric Trottle Cable Engine light
Top molding on tailgate (new one had to beed ordered)
Radio, windows, Power rear window not working replace fuse position 42
Heated seat switch not working (new switch put on order)
Brake lights and turn signals for trailer connection not working replaced fuse in under hood fuse panel
Replace heated seat switch
Vibration in steering wheel/ front end
Anti-locking brake system (ABS) light was on, then went off,
Speedometer went to zero, gradually worked its way back up
Vibration in Front end when drive more often when turning
brakes some make noise when it cold
When starting truck in the cold, does not always start, like starter does not engage properly
Vibration still in the steering wheel (more than ever before)
Parking brake pedel goes to the floor
Cold Start Concern, Cracks long, Misfire, White smoke
Bangs hard when going into 4 wheel drive when moving

·
Registered
377 Posts
19020 miles, bought my 2006 in aug 05.Has been a great truck!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif
Now if you have the hour meter fiqure out what your average mph would be.At last check mine was 45 mph.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an 06 with 32,000
at 6,000 mile the first turbo went at 29,000 the 2nd turbo went!
Have changed the EGR valve and changed the exaust back presure sensor 2X
Changed the driver side mirror once because it shorted out!

Also had to get the truck repainted as soon as I got is as it had speckles of another color under the clear coat!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005-18,600 miles engine out twice for oil leak. One cab off,one out the front. Hanging drip transformed into filling the starter with oil. Egr cooler went bad, Oasis 8 pages .

·
Registered
336 Posts
see below

·
Registered
246 Posts
2007 4300 mile and all is great never been back to dealer for anything

Now for the 2004 Thats another story Ford owners it now...... at 9000 miles it had had the head gaskets and heads replaced twice alone with other things but don't get me started......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Purchased July 30 2006, 24672 miles, not one thing wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif(knock on wood).

·
Registered
673 Posts
2007 Purchased Oct 06, 3900 miles, no problems other than squeaky rear springs

·
Registered
329 Posts
i have an 06 purchased in oct of 05. truck has 33k miles on it. just paid it off. i intend to own this truck forever. best car i have ever owned.

·
Registered
200 Posts
04 F350 CC/DRW/4.10/XLT SPORT-54k: 2 EGR/1Shift Solinod/1 Oil Pan Gasket/3 Recalls-Transmission/Harness/EPS: all required service completed by dealer per FMC up to date: avg 13.5-14.0 MPG: overall great truck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
309 Posts
04/04 egr cooler, new [email protected] 32000, wiring harness , ficm, head gasket, 8 new injectors, couple flashes has 102k on it now runs good till next time gonna drive till wheels fall off isn't worth nothing on trade dealer don't want it Im goona enjoy my 5 cent a mile depreciation from here on out.

·
Registered
932 Posts
2004 bought April 04. 53k miles with one EGR valve replaced under warranty around 30k miles.

The work truck is an 06 F550. 34k miles on it with zero problems.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2003. Ran edge juice w/ attitude since 36k then switched to SCT2 from Elite at 55k. Only issue was a bad tranny at 35k, I bought the truck with 34k, the truck was fixed under warrentee and out of the shop in under a day. Never had a single problem since and I'm now at 77k, and I'm no easy driver.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Truck is in the sig line. Getting ready to do the 15,000 mile service. So far, a perfect truck, absolutely no problems, knock on wood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2007 F350 Bought August 1 06 71,000 miles to date with a new fuel pump, three exhaust y pipes, air conditioner condensor, and fan clutch. Will run like a scalded ape but a lot of problems. Will get rid of it at 100,000

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 2004 with 61,000 miles on it. I've only had 2 problems, the fuel gelled once because of bad fuel (I now constantly run powerservice) and the EGR plugged at 33,000 miles. Other than that it has ran great, I'm am not afraid to use my truck either.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts