The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, the wife is shopping for a new vehicle and I'm trying to keep the ex. A few issues she has with the ex is she is 4' 11" tall. She likes some of the new gizmos available. The automatic rear lift gate or glass, has anyone did a mod like this, she is so short it is difficult for her to lift the handle. Also power folding mirrors, i bumped one going into a bank drive through this morning and she was mad at me. All these new gadgets are hard to compete with so she is saying try to get some of these issues solved. Any help I can get on these would be great. Thanks Jim. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Virtually any 12V system can be added to any 12V vehicle. You might have to do a little engineering to connect it mechanically, but there's nothing magical about a linear motor. You can buy them on Amazon, eBay, or at the JY. You can also buy 12V remote systems (as for tricky lights, alarms, or winches), subtle switches, and even motion sensors. You're only limited by your imagination, determination, & budget. I built this modernized '75 Bronco ~15 years ago:

The '93 Bronco I'm building right now will have (among MANY other features) heated signal mirrors with puddle lights & off-road lights whose memory is linked to the remote, the seats, & the pedals. Even though Ford never offered memory ANYTHING on Broncos; never power seats or pedals; and signal mirrors on only a few '96 Broncos; I'm using mostly "stock" parts to add it all.

So take lots of pics & post the details of what you do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts