The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this Forum hopefully someone is able to help me. I have a 95 7.3 and I drove here while back and loss all power wouldn’t hardly pull on trailer. I replaced the glow plugs and under valve cover harness and pigtails drove truck about 8 miles and same issue. Hooked my truck to Forscan today and this is what I got I also tested fuel pressure it started out at 43 then got truck to 2000 rpms and pressure dropped to 22. But had someone tell me to test pressure out of pump itself to see if regulator had anything to do with it but wasn’t sure what hose to hook to anyone have any suggestions also not sure why picture is sideways Sorry
Computer Gadget Communication Device Font Display device

·
Registered
10,969 Posts
Fuel Pressure shouldn't drop that much especially if that is just sitting. You can inspect the regulator parts to make sure that the spring is not kinked or bent, and that the bore and spool are not scored, letting it hang open. Those parts are under the 19mm plug. What levels are your tanks at? If they are around 1/4 tank, you might be sucking some debris from disintegrated fuel pickups (shower heads". I couldn't read what was in the picture (zooming gets to grainy). I would also make sure your EBPV is not hanging shut or partially shut. Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts